The Odiogo Listen Button adds an extra layer of visitor-friendly goodness to your WordPress powered site. This plugin from Odiogo adds a “Listen Now” button to your blog posts, so visitors can download or listen to your Odiogo podcasts.
I like this plugin because I am already using Odiogo to provide text-to-speech for my posts, and I want to give my visitors an easy way to download and listen to my posts when they are on the go – just another option in this multi-media world!
Installation is easy – but you must have a Feed ID from Odiogo. If you don’t have one, sign up on the website. Odiogo is a free service. Read more about it in Subscribe to the Geek Girl’s Audio Feed!, Announcement: How to Subscribe to thepinkc Podcast and Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
Once you download the plugin, follow the instructions below:
- Upload directory odiogo_listen_button to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP.
- Login to your WordPress admin account.
- Click menu Plugins and Activate the Odiogo Listen Button plugin.
- Click menu Options > Odiogo Listen Button.
- Enter your Odiogo Feed ID and click Save.
- Click menu Presentation > Widgets (or Sidebar Widgets depending on your WP version).
- Drag and drop Odiogo Subscribe Button from Available Widgets to Sidebar.
- Click Save Changes.
Alternatively, you can use the WordPress plugin Plugin Central to automatically install the plugin from your WordPress Administration Panel, then follow the directions above starting at step #3.
WordPress Wednesdays features posts about plugins, themes and general usage of WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system!