Don’t let your greatest articles and blog posts fall into obscurity!
Show your readers your best content – and get the recognition you deserve for a job well done!
- Highlight your most popular posts with the Popularity Contest plugin. You can insert template tags into your sidebar to display the most popular posts on your blog.
- Feature some of your favorite posts, especially pillar posts and guest posts with a section in your sidebar titled, “Featured Posts” or “My Favorite Posts”.
- Post “Roundup” posts, which serve to remind long-time and new readers of great posts from the past. Highlight the best posts of the last month, quarter or from a particular category.
- Promote your Archives section. If you use the SRG Clean Archives plugin, you can feature all of your blog posts on one page (titles only) in chronological order.
- Link to other articles you’ve written on the same topic after a new post . Two great ways to do this is are: “If you enjoyed this post, check out ‘Old Post’!” or “Read more about ‘topic’ in these previous posts: ….”
- Give highlighted or featured content high visibility. Don’t hide your most popular or favorite posts far down on your sidebar. Place them high, preferably below the subscription information. Likewise, don’t let your roundup post get pushed far down the page before it gets some pageviews. Use a plugin like WP-Sticky to keep it at the top for a day or two – or even a week!
- Internally link to previous posts inside of your posts. One of the ways I do this is to state: “As I previously mentioned in “Old Article”, gibber jabber, gibber jabber.”
WordPress Wednesdays features posts about plugins, themes and general usage of WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system!