Updated to Firefox 3 today – loving it so far. But, I have had a major problem!
However, a little tinkering, and I have my saved passwords in Firefox 3!
- Go to your Firefox Profile Folder. You can find your profile folder in Windows by navigating to %APPDATA%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/
- Now look for the file called signons2
- Open with any text editor, highlight and copy all of the data, then close the file.
- Now look for the file called signons3
- Open with any text editor, highlight and then paste the data from signons2
- Close the file (Don’t forget to save!)
- Now restart Firefox … and your passwords are now updated to your Firefox 3 installation!