Search other social networks of a Twitter user
If you want to befriend a Twitter user on multiple social networks, Identify, a Firefox add-on will come in handy. This add-on provides you with more information about a Twitter user and you can also add him (or her) as a friend on other popular social networking sites.
As you can see, I can see the profiles of the Ultimate Geek Girl, Ellie, on FriendFeed, Mybloglog and Twitter. I can easily join her on these respective networks.
Identify currently supports the following networks, plus Twitter – Flickr, Delicious, Friendfeed, Technorati, Last.fm and Identica.
Search for a Twitter profile bio
TweepSearch allows people to search their Twitter followers’ bio and location information. Searching for useful information about your followers in Twitter Search can be a pain. You have to remember the name of the follower, type it in the search box and every time, you have to repeat the process. But with TweepSearch things are kept simple. All of your followers are presented in a single page and you can see the bio and profile information together.
There are no sign ups or registration required and you can also see the profile and bio information any Twitter follower’s followers. ( See example )
Sync other networks with Twitter
- Automatically follow any Twitter user that follows you within 24 hours. So, there is no manual checking involved and your follower count increases every day.
- You can choose to unfollow a twitter user automatically when he/she unfollows you.
- Set your account to automatically check for spam twitter accounts and unfollow them accordingly.
- Use SocialToo to automatically block DM’s from services. Just check the check box “Block Automatic DMs From Other Services” in the registration page.
- Offers some online survey tools where you can create polls and send them to your twitter followers and other social networks with a customized message.
While it is a great idea to befriend those whom you interact with often on social networks like Twitter, you want to also increase your reach and get to know them better before or after following them or adding them as a friend.