It is easy to get bogged down with our problems and concerns… and forget to be happy. Even when everyone else is frowning, I smile. There are tons of reasons why, but I’m going to tell you five ways to have a great day and feel better about yourself. Even for the biggest pessimist, they should warm your heart and make your steps a little lighter!
1. You woke up. No matter how bad things are, you woke up this morning! This is a great accomplishment. So many people – young, old, infirm, healthy – did not wake up this morning. Families around the world wish their loved ones were with them for one more day. So enjoy these precious moments.
2. You have a good life. Most people in the world survive on less than a $1 a day. There are entire villages that still live by candlelight. Millions don’t have the ability to read this post. Maybe they don’t have electricity, internet, or even able to read. One in five Americans goes to bed hungry every night. Kind of puts it in perspective, right?
3. You’re awesome. Think about it. You were born. You’re still here. And you’re smart enough to be reading this blog. That’s awesome.
4. You’re curious about the world. Even if it is using Facebook or Twitter, you’re curious about the world, and the people in it. So take advantage of it. Reply to people who have something positive to say. Making them will make you feel good, and they’ll feel good, too.
5. Remember this is just temporary. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and feel like nothing will ever go right again, but it’s just temporary! Things can change on the drop of a dime. Look forward, not backward, and keep seeking out the good that’s seeking out you!
What are your tips for being happier? Let’s hear it in the comments!