My favorite holiday is coming in 59 days – Christmas! Time to break out the balsam fir artificial Christmas tree and fruit cake recipes and begin shopping for our loved ones and friends.
I usually do ALL of my holiday shopping online, because frankly, it is easier than going from store to store and mall to mall to find the “perfect” gift – and giving up and getting everyone a coffee maker.
Here is my top 10 list of places to shop online for the holidays. If you have any suggestions, post them in the comments!
- Even the most gift-giving challenged of us can find a gift for that special someone via Amazon Gift Central. It’s organized, easy to use, and who doesn’t have an Amazon.com account?
- I love making things to give as gifts. Unfortunately, I’ve been swamped this year, but Etsy came to the rescue! Search for whatever items you can dream up, and I betcha somebody has it for sale. Pricing is reasonable, especially for handmade items, and most of the sellers are friendly and helpful when you email with questions.
- Almost everyone knows someone living in a dorm or small apartment – so why not check and see what your favorite dorm-dweller’s mid-year needs are, and buy them something they need from Dormbuys.com, plus something they’d want? With reasonable prices and a great selection, I love Dormbuys!
- Need a gift for an aunt or uncle who loves to travel? I found TravelSmith – which has great travel accessories at reasonable prices! If you want to splurge, get a pair of the ultra comfortable travel shoes, or a nice piece of luggage for someone (or yourself!).
- CafePress.com always has so many cool things to buy, but not enough time to see them all! So why not give someone a gift certificate to CafePress that is good at ALL of their stores? Gift certificates are never out of style, and you are also helping a small business owner make a few dollars.
- One of my very good friends has a snarky/weird sense of humor. So, I always get her tee shirts with funny/wierd sayings on them from CottonFactory.com. Just looking through the selection is funny enough, so check it out today.
- Have a tech-lover on your list? SuperMediaStore.com has all kinds of techie goodies at low, low prices – and you can often find a deal for free shipping – who can beat that?
- The Coolest Gifts has a great search aggregator, much like Amazon’s Gift Central, so you can find the coolest gifts for everyone on your list. Just search under gift categories by price, type or the recipient. What’s even better is the site has an RSS feed so you can subscribe and get updates when they post new items.
- Do you have a friend who just moved into a new place? Not sure what to get them? A grocery store gift card might be a perfect gift. You can always invite yourself over to dinner after you know they went shopping! LOL
- Last, but definitely not least, my favorite place to shop online for gifts is… FatWallet.com. This site provides the discounts you want to dozens of stores, without the hassle of visiting each site separately. Find the discounts, then purchase at the individual stores – and save!
This special feature, Geek Girl, appears every Monday. photo credit: jeffk