I got an interesting request today from Feve, an American blogger who now lives in Chengdu, China and authors a work at home blog. He is searching for Chengdu, China blogs and bloggers!
While I don’t know anyone in Chengdu, China (but I’d love to visit!), I can offer Feve some advice about finding blogs related to yours.
- Visit the websites of people who comment on your blog – often, they share similar interests or experiences.
- Visit the websites of the people who comment on your visitors’ blogs! Again, they may share similar interests and experiences. Keep doing this until you feel like you’ve had some success. Typically, I do this every 3-6 months.
- List your blog URL on social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, MyBlogLog. Be sure to leave enough identifying information so that other users can find your profile and blog!
- Join forums and make a “Looking for…” post. Trade links with anyone who responds who is in your area of interest or geographical area!
- Host a blog carnival. Blog carnivals are a good way to get people writing about a particular topic – and of course, this heightens your chance of being indexed by Google and finding like-minded people!
- Talk with people in your niche in ‘real life.’ You’d be amazed at how many people are closet bloggers! Drop hints in a conversation that you are a blogger and what you blog about. And see the magic happen!
- Use Google Blog Search to search for key terms related to your blog and to find sites that have linked to yours.
I hope these tips help, and of course, if you have any additional tips, let’s hear them in the comments!