This is Step #12 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Get involved in the blogosphere. Being a blogger is about being part of a community. Leave comments on other blogs and get to know your favorite bloggers.
This step is a lot easier said than done. There are literally hundreds of bloggers looking for attention from their favorite bloggers or the bloggers with the most link juice – not tart cherry juice! I like relatively unknown bloggers and have developed a great friendship with the blogger of Linky Love and a couple of other bloggers are really great resources for information and blogging tips.
Because of my busy schedule, I find it hard to comment as much as I’d like, but I will try to improve. I want to let other bloggers know how valuable their work is to me.
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger