This is Step #14 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Spend 99% of your time focused on creating unique, quality content. Content is King; or as John Reese says, “content is King Kong”.
This is a great tip! I spend about 90% of my blogging time looking for interesting topics to blog about, researching them, writing articles and editing them. Believe it or not, but the Back to School series was a 2 month long adventure! I first plotted my idea, what topics would work with the series, did research on each topic, wrote articles, edited articles, and continued to edit until I was satisfied. I was pleased at the end result, and can’t wait to publish my next special series. Now that I know what to do, I don’t think it will take as much time, but I will definitely continue to publish quality special series.
Currently, I have three weekly series, Geek Girl on Mondays, WordPress Wednesdays, and a guest blogger’s Welcome to Soulville on Thursdays. I’m adding at least one new series soon, which will mean a lot more work in producing quality content, but should generate some great pillar posts to add to my arsenal!
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger