Step #32 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Create a custom blog design. Your blog is a symbol of your brand. Make it uniquely you.
I’ve tweaked the current theme alot, but there’s definitely a lot more that can be done. I’m not a coder by trade, but I do like poking around and finding new ways to make my site easier to use and better looking!
One thing that did help in customizing this current theme was enlisting the services of a graphic designer to create a custom banner and logos for the site.
If you are looking for a great designer, contact me, and I can send you a few names and contact information. It is worth it to pay $20-30-40 for logos, because after all, this is YOUR brand that you are talking about!
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger