Step #33 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Add photos to each of your posts.
I almost always have photos on each of my posts, in part because it is fun to find a picture that illustrates my point and because it can help my visitors understand my directions or better visualize a concept.
My friend Linky over at Linky Love always adds photos to her posts, some of which make me laugh, but are always relevant.
If you don’t know how to add photos to your posts, there are several ways do do it in WordPress.
- Blizzard Internet University has a great post on how to use WordPress’ built in file management feature, including screenshots and a .pdf version for future referral!
- Link to the file from MediaFire or another file sharing website or your server – and utilize WordPress’ built in image code builder to insert a photo into your post. Read more about how to do this at the WordPress Codex.
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger