This is Step #15 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Add a large RSS subscription button to your site.
“Large” RSS subscription buttons are kind of annoying to me. On some blogs, they fit in and seem to flow well with the theme, but thepinkc’s current theme doesn’t really lend itself to a large 125px by 125px RSS button! I do have a 28px by 28px button in the sidebar, as well as smaller buttons in the sidebar and the footer and at the bottom of every post.
Is there any research that really proves that a “large” RSS subscription button increases the number of subscribers? I think if people really like your content, they’ll subscribe, no matter how large your button is!
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger