My goal is to complete 2-3 a week, and that should mean that I finish this time next year, August 2008.
Monetization is nice, but becoming a better blogger – a communicator, writer and observer – is most important with this blog.
First things first, in the spirit of mwilliford’s series, you should do the following:
- Go to Popuri and check your Google PageRank, Alexa Rank, and Technorati rank. make a note of these so you’ll have something compare them to next summer.
- Make a note of the number of readers you have now. We’ll compare this next year too. I currently have 56 RSS readers and 100-125 unique page loads per day.
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger