This is Step #5 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Make sure you have an “About Me” page.
I have always had an “About Me” page, but after reading the post on this step on the willifordblog, I’ve decided to take a different approach to my “About Me” page. thepinkc’s new and improved “About Me” page is available, so check it out!
[…]It started when I read an article by Matt Huggins called “Converting Visitors to Readers with a Quality About Page”. Entrepreneurial blogger Matt Huggins listed the steps he took to improve his About Me page to increase his readership. I took some of the same steps and to improve mine.
- Rename the page heading from “About Me” to “About (your name)” in order to promote yourself.
- Included more information about my personal background and talents that permit me to write on the topics covered here with some authority.
- Provided additional details on why a visitor should feel inclined to stay,
- Linked to various posts and pages that demonstrate the type of content a reader can expect to find on my blog.
- Encouraged the reader to join my RSS feed in an additional location on my blog.
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger