Step #6 in the 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger.
Submit your blog to 9Rules.
I’m skipping this step, as 9Rules is not currently accepting new blogs.
Submit your blog to NewsNow.
Let your readers see the REAL you. Blogging is more personal than conventional websites. Don’t be afraid to tell a few stories from your own life. By being real and personal, you will build a relationship with your readers based on loyalty and trust.
I try to let my personality shine through my blogging. I hope that my readers love my posts and we begin to build stronger relationships and friendships. As of late, I’ve included a few stories about my life in my blog, and hope to insert a few more here and there in the future!
Read more posts from this series:
- 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Use WordPress!: Step #1
- Sign up for Feedburner: Step #2
- Post at least once a day: Step #3
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Step #4
- Have an “About Me” page: Step #5
- 101 Steps: #6-8
- Blog and Ping – Step #9 in 101 Steps to Becoming a Better Blogger
- Submit your blog to RSS and blog directories: Step #10
- Trackbacks are important – Step #11
- Get involved in the blogosphere – Step #12
- Give your blog its own unique voice – Step #13
- Create unique, quality content – Step #14
- Add a large RSS button to your site
- Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post
- Install the MyBlogLog Widget
- Social Bookmarking – Step #18
- Better Blogger – Steps 19-31
- Create a custom blog design
- Add photos to each of your posts
- Use tagging in WordPress
- Tips to get more out of your WordPress blog
- Turn your blog posts into podcasts!
- Follow these 12 Steps and Get MORE Readers!
- Create a customized 404 page
- Keep Working at Becoming a Better Blogger!
- 11 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- 19 Final Tips to Becoming a Better Blogger